The Last of Us Remastered

Welcome to the technical issues forum for The Last of Us Remastered!

Please let us know of any issues or bugs you are encountering as you play our game. We’ll be continually monitoring reports here and giving you updates when we can.

For any issues with your PS4 hardware, controllers, or any other accessories – or if you need more immediate help, please contact PlayStation Support at http://www.playstation.com/support/

How do I use this?

1. Check The Last of Us Remastered FAQ for help with common questions
  2. Search the forum for your issue by typing a short description of the issue in the “My problem is…” box. If your issue is already submitted by another user, click the “vote” button to show you also experienced the issue. Leave a comment to add any additional information.
  3. If you can’t find your issue, submit it to us with a description.

PLEASE make sure that no one else has reported your issue or bug BEFORE posting a new issue.

If possible, please also provide the following information:

• PS4 model
  • Disk or digital download
  • Time since install
  • System Free Space

If this is a Multiplayer related issue, please ALSO include:

• Connection Method (Settings – Network – View Connection Status)
  • Nat Type (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Download (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Upload (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)

If you are having issues with The Last of Us on PS3, please visit our Community Technical Issues forum at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/bd-p/34179

Thanks!

Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. When trying to connect to the Last of Us Factions servers i get this message: “Error authentication failed”

Not connecting, getting authentication error when im trying to connect to
    servers for Last of Us Factions Multiplayer.

1,198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    280 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to: Select Resolution on PS4 Pro / Force Speaker Setup

Having a couple of issues with Last of Us - I'm new to the PS4 so it might just be beginner's stuff.

1) I don't see options (in display or otherwise) to select the PS4 Pro mode (4K @ 30 fps, 1080P @60 fps) anywhere. I even started a game. HDR is recognized fine. I prefer 1080P @ 60 fps.

2) Under audio, the game only detects 2.0 despite a 5.1 setup. I looked at the audio FAQ, but there is no option to force 5.1. I can hear surround in Batman: Telltale and Blu Ray films just fine.

I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To change to 1080p, you have to go to the System Settings > Sound and Screen > Video resolution, and make sure 1080p is selected, and not automatic.

PS4 SYSTEM AUDIO SETUP GUIDE
    To get the best audio from your PS4 System, it needs to be configured correctly to match your audio equipment. In most cases, using HDMI for your primary audio output port ensures that configuration is automatic, and because of that, this is the preferred output port to use on the PS4 System. Unfortunately, there are some setups for which the automatic configuration does not work as expected. Also, if using the optical output, configuration isn’t automatic and must be configured manually. It’s important to note that these audio configuration issues happen with any equipment, including other game systems, media players, and computers. However, for this guide, the focus is specifically on addressing common audio setup issues to…

3. Sounds and dialogue only working when you face the source

PS4
    digital download
    time since install: A year or so?
    system free space: 56.07 GB

Dialoge and other sounds can only be heard when facing this source. I've played through TLOU 3 times now and on my 4th playthrough (now), I can only hear voices and sounds when I am facing the source. When characters are speaking to me but are behind me, I can hardly hear them. I have to turn and face them directly to listen to have and hear small talk.

Sounds, like the water rushing by near the hydroelectric plant, also have to be faced. As…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are a couple of possibilities for this, depending on your equipment. If you have an AV receiver set up for surround sound (5.1 or 7.1), but you don’t actually have a center speaker, it’s important to set up your receiver’s speaker configuration so that it knows to send center channel audio to the left and right speakers instead. Otherwise, center channel audio will be simply discarded. Many movies will only play dialog in the center channel, and some games never play dialog in the center; some of either can also play dialog across all speakers, so this problem may not be immediately apparent. In other words, just because one game or movie has audible dialog and another does not, doesn’t mean that you don’t have a problem with your AV receiver setup. This can only be fixed by setting up your receiver’s speaker configuration correctly. Every system is different,…

4. Level Restarts Every Time

My Levels Restarts Every Time I Quit The Game. I have played week 7 day 7 till reaching week 9 and after Quit The Game (properly) my level restarts and all things i had unlocked ... My Friends have same problem. But I Dont have any laggs or any errors just it dosent save the game
    We have The Problem on Ps4 Region 1,2 300GB Free Space And We have Disk Version , We have This Problem around 1 week (We Have Tried Deleting game Data , Faction MP Maps , Testing With Other ISP , Etc .) Still Have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This behavior s normally due to the player late joining matches. The clan days do not progress when the player late joins a game.

The player will know if he has late joined or not if he skips the map voting screen and begins to load the game.

Missions are also affected this way. Any progress will count, but the day will not progress.

5. I have to pay for the Enforcer

I played the PS3 version and was able to use the Enforcer. I bought a PS4 (the remastered version was bundled) and I am now required to but the Enforcer separately. What's up with that?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please attempt to restore licenses.

Settings-PSN-Restore Licenses.

Let us know how that goes. If it doesn’t work, please verify that you are on the same PSN account and in the same region as you were for PS3.

6. the last of us retail disk doesn't run

when i updated my ps4 to firmware 3.00 the last of us doesn't run and it locks on joel and ellie screenshot forever.please solve the problem

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are still encountering this issue, you should attempt the following:

Start playstation in Safe mode
    Rebuild database (option 5)
    Once the PS starts, delete the game.
    Download the game again.

Please let us know your results.

7. Cant join Factions MP after 3.0 update

After the 3.0 update, i cant join factions. It says ı have to dl map bu when i select OK, the page shows its already downloaded. Reinstalling licences does not work. Reinstall game does not work! Country: Turkey,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are encountering this issue.

1) Go to Notifications
    2) Go to go to Downloads
    3) Locate the Treacherous Territories Update file.
    4) Delete it.
    5) Restart your PS4.

The file should be re-downloaded, and function. Please post below if this doesn’t work.

8. Can't lunch

It's been a long time since i installed the game i finished it, but after time later (and after ps4's 3.0 update) i can't lunch game, it just stuck at the opening screen, and it doesn't let me shut down the ps4, i pulled off the cable twice

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiplayer can't be started due to "missing" Treacherous Territories after update to FW 3.0

Since updating PS firmware to 3.0 I get prompted about missing Treacherous Territories map pack which I should download for free from the store whenever I want to play multiplayer. Once in the store it shows that the map pack in question is "Installed". This happens on the disc version as well as on the digital copy version is bought recently and played before.

I tried re-installing the digital and disc version mutliple times now, tried restoring licenses. Still I get the prompt each time, singleplayer seems to work.

What am I supposed to do here?

- The first white…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are encountering this issue.

1) Go to Notifications
    2) Go to go to Downloads
    3) Locate the Treacherous Territories Update file.
    4) Delete it.
    5) Restart your PS4.

The file should be re-downloaded, and function. Please post below if this doesn’t work.

10. can't get to download the game on PS4

can't get to download the game after I put the redeem code. When will it be fixed ???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Won't let me download the digital version of last of us remastered on ps4 that i just bought on sale.

I hit X on download and nothing. screen goes black for a split second as if it will start downloading but it doesn't.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Download won't start.

So recently got a new PS4 that comes with the code for this game. Redeemed it and everything but when I go to hit download the download screen pops up for a split second and then disappears. It won't let me download it. So, I thought I'd try downloading the PS4 app, connecting it to the PS4, and downloading through the app. When look up the game on the app it says "purchased" but when I click on it the page won't even load on the app! Every other page opens fine on the app and I tried downloading another…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Last of Us PS4 keeps crashing

I have just tried to start a new game after completing the game some time ago. I have installed all of the most recent update and still no joy.
    After trying to load the game a number of times I uninstalled the game and deleted all of my saves and profile, re-installed the game and pertinent update and still the game crashes every time (I've tried this 5 times now). Not sure what else to try???

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Won't load factions

I've been playing factions for a long time now, and I've never had this issue. Every time I click on Factions MP, it loads a little and says "You have been disconnected from the game servers. You just reconnect to access online." All my other games work just fine online(ex: Gta5), so it's not my internet issue. PLEASE HELP! I only play this game(I love naughty dog), and I'm only gonna stop playing it when Uncharted 4 comes out!I get bored when this kinda stuff happens to TLOUR

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  20 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug-users in multiplayer (TLOU Remastered PS4)

Please do something with this bug on Coal Mine. People can go away from map and shoot from there.
    Here are videos with this:
    1) How it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQDIuuW1FjU
    2) How they do this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsAq8BZ_PNA

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Impossible to Start a New Game in The Last of Us Remastered

I bought this game in January and just got around to playing it. When I start the game, the title screen plays, and I get to the main menu. When I start a new game, I create my save data and the screen goes black. There are small dust particles flying on the screen as music plays. Nothing happens after that. Just black.
    I have done the following,
    "Start playstation in Safe mode
    Download/Install the game again."
    This did not work.

I have also,
    "Please ensure you are able…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please attempt the following:

Start playstation in Safe mode
    Download the game again.

If this doesn’t work, we would recommend backing up your save data to online storage, and doing a full kit initialization.

Please let us know your results.

18. Error CE-34878-0 on campaign and multiplayer

I bought Last of Us on disc and through the PS store and get CE-34878-0 error when I start up campaign and some multiplayer maps (like Bookstore, Bill's Town and some others). I already tried deleting the whole game and downloads and re-installing and even re-initialized my PS4 system to see if that fixed the issue but it didn't.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. About CE 34878-0 again

Hi

I´ve posted this issue before and even with the steps provided it did not work but this time i noticed something different

The first post i did here was about the game randomly crashing with the error CE 34878-0 but it is NOT RANDOM

I´ve done enough testing with my system and the game will ONLY CRASH in long gaming sessions(5-6 hours of playtime)

After knowing that it will only crash between this time(5-6hours) i tested my system and the game again,my test was:I´ve played the game a long time,about 5 1/2 hours and almost reaching the crash time(6hours),i…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can start new game and that is all.

I can start a new game, it beings to load and I can hear the music, then just a black screen. When I hit options the menu comes up, I can turn subtitles on and off and go back to the playstation home. First time I tried, I got to the bit where the girl gives the guy a present, and then it froze. Had to restart, but can't even get there again. Got a brand new console and a physical copy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Last of Us Remastered

Feedback and Knowledge Base