Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

Option to Toggle Supersampling for 1080p Users

With patch 1.08 ND removed supersampling for 1080p users. I understand that was likely a reaction to people's frustrations over the frame rate issues that the game was having on the PS4 Pro. However, I thought the game looked absolutely incredible when it was supersampled pre-1.08 on my 1080p set. I ask, humbly, that ND give us the option to toggle it on or off. When I tried TLoU on my Pro, it singlehandedly justified my decision to purchase the system. I want 1800p supersampling with a target of 60 fps on my 1080p set back. Please, ND, give us the power to choose.

1,671 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
IBCreepin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • SeparatedNose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I refuse to purchase TLOU 2 if this isn't fixed. If everyone who posted here pledged to do the same I guarantee we'd get a response. I have literally purchased TLOU about 4 times.

• SeparatedNose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so incredibly disappointed in the decision to remove supersampling from 1080p. Compromise: add it back for the locked 30fps mode at least? There were never any issues there

• Maupie94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

.......... We're still here ND. The question is, are you? Nothings more frustrating than talking to a blank wall. I implore you to get your act on.

• ekoh2130 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE bring this back. With Last of Us 2 coming out, I'm 100% going to replay Last of Us Remastered.

It was an absolutely perfect experience playing through it at supersampled 1080p on the PS4 Pro the first time. Please bring the option back to use Supersampling at 1080p.

You have already brought the option of 1080p@Locked 60FPS to meet Sony's Pro Requirements. Just give the user's back what was originally dangled in front of us.

• Filip1310_CRO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting... Bring the supersampling feature back Naughty dog !

I gave the 1600th vote, this is the most voted topic in these "support" forums

• Baka_Ja_Nai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ND doesnt give a fk about its customers. Lesson learned - no digital purchases of your future games, only second hand.

• Vaugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why this was taken away is baffling!

The PS4pro can clearly hold 60FPS even at 1620p. The PS4Pro at 1080p should offer 4k>1080p with 30FPS. And 1620p>1080p with 60FPS.

• PlanetJumble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's dead, Jim. They don't care.

In 2020, when the PS5 hits, I will probably but a 4K TV with HDMI 2.1. That will be the time to maybe revisit this game. I don't think I can enjoy it in 1080p with the jaggies anymore knowing all the while it could have been so much better if they only wanted it to be. Never expected to feel sad and numb about my all time favorite game. *waves goodbye*

• Maupie94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 2 Month Anniversary, Sigh, the wait continues. I check almost daily to see if any further development are made, but at this point its quite demoralizing to see that absolutely nothing has change. Not a single response from ND on the subject matter. Bad form, bad form ND.

• DirtD1V3R-87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep checking this everyday, can we have an answer as to weather or not there will be a patch for this?
    I mean at this point a simple Yes, or No will suffice. Dont even need an explanation.

• wercide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Between all the posts about downsampling there are more than 3500 votes, and we still don't have it.

Please ND, listen to the users.

• Nikodemo144 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there!

I bought my first PS4 and and copy of the TLoU for the promised super sampling. I had it for a while, but now it's gone in the most recent patch.

Please put it back in, 4k/30 and 1800p/60. It was a great and beautiful gaming experience that single-handedly justified my purchase of the Pro. My playthrough is halted until it returns. :(

Thanks! Amazing game! I look forward to hearing from you on this matter!

• hxcmike777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put supersampling back. I can't go back and an waiting until it is back to continue playing.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base