Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

Error downloading config file

Having this same error pop up last night into today. Was fine the night before, now I can’t get into Factions or play the campaign while connected to the internet. Other online games work and I have never received this “error downloading config file” before. Have uninstalled and reinstalled game three, deleted saved files, cleared off space and am rebuilt database. Nothing has worked. My PS4 info is as follows:

PS4 model: PS4-576
Disk or digital: Disk
Time since install: 3.5 years
System Free Space: 200GB
Download Speed: 51.5mbps
Upload Speed: 10.2mbps

Thanks.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rwasundi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
solved  ·  AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) responded  · 

This message is displayed when a user is unable to connect to the game server. Most often this is due to being behind a firewall.

You can try contacting your ISP requesting that they allow traffic to https://s3.amazonaws.com/,

If you are continuing to experience this error, please confirm what region you are in.

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • s0lpa_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I have the same issue on a brand new PS4.
    Connection method: Wi-Fi
    Nat Type: Type 2
    Connection Speed Download: 28.2 Mbps
    Connection Speed Upload: 2.9 Mbps

I tried restoring the licenses and also reinstalling the game, with no success.

• Sarfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I also have this problem and just thought I'd share my information as well to help solve the issue.

My situation is the same. I can't even get into the multiplayer menu. I bought the game about two weeks ago and had this problem since install. When I select the Multiplayer mode it just loads for a while and then says "error downloading config file".

I had TLOU on PS3 as well with the same connection and had no problem getting in games then. This is also the only game on PS4 I'm currently having multiplayer issues with.

Here's my PS4 info:

PS4 model: CUH-1006A
    Digital download
    Installed on December 2nd
    System free space: 297.1GB

Connection method: Wi-Fi
    Nat Type: Type 2
    Connection Speed Download: 21.0 Mbps
    Connection Speed Upload: 3.2 Mbps

• talfx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time i try to connect to the MP, i get a message saying "error downloading config file".
    i couldn't play for 3 weeks because of it. i really need your help with this.

PS4 model: i don't know how to check this... i bought this from europe.
    digital download.
    time installed- 16/9
    system free space: 36.8GB

Connection method- WI FI
    Nat type- type 2
    connection speed download- 20MB
    connection speed upload- 2.1MB

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base