Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

Impossible to Start a New Game in The Last of Us Remastered

I bought this game in January and just got around to playing it. When I start the game, the title screen plays, and I get to the main menu. When I start a new game, I create my save data and the screen goes black. There are small dust particles flying on the screen as music plays. Nothing happens after that. Just black.
I have done the following,
"Start playstation in Safe mode
Rebuild database (option 5)
Once the PS starts, delete the game.
Download/Install the game again."
This did not work.

I have also,
"Please ensure you are able to create save data
Menu > Settings > Application Save Data Management > Save Data in System Storage > Delete > if TLOU Remastered shows up, select it > Observe if there is Profile save data or not.

If present, how many instances (and please post below).

If there is only one instance, deleting it may allow you to commence gameplay, however any prior save data may be lost. As this appears to occur on first install, this shouldn’t be an issue for most users."

I deleted the save data and tried to play again to avail.

I bought the game on Amazon and I live in the States.
On the spine of the case of my disc, the numbers and letters are - CUSA - 00552

The size of my game in the Information section of the game is 44.45 GB and I am playing on Version 01.06

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ProtozoanOwen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) responded  · 

Please attempt the following:

Start playstation in Safe mode
Download the game again.

If this doesn’t work, we would recommend backing up your save data to online storage, and doing a full kit initialization.

Please let us know your results.

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nice-Job-26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same.... I want to play TLOU but I cant. my PS4 wont even turn off if I want. so I needed to pull out the plug. and I keep tying but It wont work..... this is after the recently update! please help.

• Samuel_1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. After a few crashes I did the following:

Started in safe mode
    Rebuilt database deleted game and any save files
    Reinstalled game

I have tried this 3 times, still getting complete PS4 crashes upon any attempt to play the game, I have used this disc to play the game through to completion some time ago. I have checked the disc for any scratches, etc. and there are none present. All of my other games, both digital and disc based, work without issue.

Please advise.

• I2inseI2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the same problem. Brand new ps4 and game. It loads the game select screen then see the swirling dust, then it just goes black and nothing loads, but I can still hear the music in the background. Really disappointed.. This is the first console game (ever) that has not loaded for me on any system I've owned. Please fix.

• duartegarin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting desperate here..

My game is brand new, it doesn't crash (music keeps going) but I left it there 1h and nothing..

Tried several times to delete the game in Application Save Data Management and run the game again but always the same problem.

This problem only happens after I start the game. The initial screen, menus etc work fine.

• AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you attempted the following?

Start playstation in Safe mode
    Download/Install the game again.

If so, and you are on the disc version, have you tried booting without installing any updates?

• monkeelulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having the same problem. Brand new out of the box.

Gets last the loading screen with gold dust swirling, then hits a black screen. Music is still playing and I can still access the options menu, but nothing.

Have also attempting most of the above.

• AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At this stage, it sounds like you have a defective disc providing a bad install.

You could attempt a full initialization of your kit (back up your save data to online storage first). If that doesn't resolve the issue, we recommend returning the disk.

• ProtozoanOwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't remember the exact time that I waited. Maybe around 10 minutes. It was long enough for the music to loop. Nothing crashed. Also, the disc is brand new out of the box. This was the first time I ever placed it in my machine.

Sorry you are having trouble. Thanks for the level of detail you provided.

How long are you waiting on the loading screen (with the dust and music)? Your title isn't crashing if animations and sound continue to play. If your disc was damaged you should eventually receive an error message.

Feedback and Knowledge Base