Have you found a bug or issue with Uncharted 4?

Trouble Running U4 from Disc after Install - Crashing when Selected

After fully installing from disc, and applying all update patches, the title hangs on a black screen after boot. Other games function normally.

117 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

219 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Saef_The_Edge933 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I CAN'T PLAY Uncharted 4 HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!

the game won't start. I get the cover shot of Nathan in the woods, I get close up shots of Rafe and Nadine, I get "Sony presents" and the "Naughty Dog" logo, and then nothing. Just a black screen. I've waited up to ten minutes, the game doesn't start, I deleted the game and re-install it with full updates.

PLEASE FIX THIS

• Dazzalenko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very disapointing @NaughtyDog, I just downloaded a 14gb update and now I can't play the game at all! how is this even possible? This is incredibly frustrating and really makes us customers wonder how you guys go about making sure we get a product that works fine, this game has been out for over a year and people like me are still running into this issue, this is seriously messed up!

• Strykerius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried starting the game after the latest update and am stuck at a black screen, tried deleting several times with no luck after redownloading each time. Game runs fine without the patch, please fix!

• UnInfamousGhost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS4 model: CUH-10XXA
    Disk or digital download: Disk
    Time since install: 7/8/17 (Today)
    System Free Space: 119.4 GBs

Game will still not load after all troubleshooting attempted from every source on the internet that I have found.........

Just fix this issue.

• littleguyalex1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I called the Sony number like you guys said and they couldn't help at all. They had me rebuild database, reinstall game, clean disc, etc. Still doesn't run and there was absolutely nothing they would do for me after that. I've tried your DNS stuff, disconnecting the internet, etc. Naughty Dog, this suck, and you know it. Your update has broken the game for many people.

• Freedom-infowars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it would be nice if they fixed it, I have bought extras and now I still can't play, makes me wonder if I'll be a ND guy anymore

• Honda-Davidson19 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same thing has happened to me and after a half hour I figured it out. The game is fine and everything works perfect. The problem is the update. Something in the update is wrong. Because I bought the uncharted bundle played while it was downloading and then went to play again and had the issue. Do not delete your saved games if any. Go to library delete the game off your system. Go to your settings, and change automatically updating to off and auto install of update to off. Then reinstall the game. You will find it boots up no issue. If it still has an issue delete the game saves from your console but not the cloud that way you can get it back. Do not install the update for this game until they fix the bugs. Honestly who cares about new networking functions if everyone who installs this will have a frozen Game any way. Hope this was helpful, I think it's a bunch of crap also, but this way at least you can play.

• Shark8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See my posts below....Now on my 3rd trip to back to the store.....Exchanged my PS4 Pro for a different machine. U4 still doesn't work. Locks up on opening screen. Switched my Network from Lan to Wifi.. Still doesn't work. Figured out myself that if I disconnect from internet the game will at least start. I've spent way to much time on this. I guess I will make one more call to tech support. So disappointing.
    MLB16, TombRaider, Ratchet & Clank, all work fine. Just U4 doesn't work.
    Is anyone doing anything to fix this??
    Calling tech support has been a waste of my time.
    Can't believe I actually own shares in this company.

• hepnotic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought a brand new PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle, just to play this game, and now it's stuck at the loading screen. Considering just taking it back to Best Buy for a refund, rather than waiting on the devs to fix the broken game.

• Shark8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loaded Disk, Installed update files (1 Hour Later) then updated system software. Tried to start game and all I see is Drake standing in the jungle. 2 Tech calls later, I've deleted and re-installed game. I've exchanged the game for a new one and re-installed. Started in Safe mode. I've re-initialized the whole system and it still doesn't work. I'm now told I have to return my system to retailer if possible or send in to Playstation for repair. Total pain in the butt. I bought this system 3 weeks ago! Tech support are very nice, but I'm not sure I bought the right system at this point. I've been a Sony/Playstation fan since the beginning. I've owned every playstation model. Sony has not offered anything for my time and troubles going back and forth to the retailer and hours wasted. ARGH!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base