Have you found a bug or issue with Uncharted 4?

Error: Failed to connect to the store server - Vanity Chest Glitch

I encountered a glitched where I can't open the standard vanity chests. It says "please wait" for about a minute and then gives the "error: Failed to connect to the store server. "
Here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PToa_Kg0b60
Hope this can get fixed!

333 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Billenmans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
fixed  ·  AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) responded  · 

This issue has been resolved with the 1.20 Patch. If you attempted to purchase a Vanity Chest and encountered the error, the Vanity Chest should now be accessible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for helping us track down the problem. If you continue to encounter the issue after installing Patch 1.20, please post your details in the comments. Thank you.

379 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • imicca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help, same problem ! 1 Vanity chest left and I cannot open it. Gives error cannot connect to store server.
    PSN ID: imicca
    Disc version
    A lot of empty space
    Latest update

• Rameen27Popalzai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought a vanity chest, opened it, but the game crashed and the chest was gone. Also, I have 2 pending vanity chests from leveling up, but I cannot open them.

PSN: Rameen27popalzai
    Disk version
    Installed since May 2016
    100GB+ of space left

Enjoy your Christmas!

• saantanico20 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, I bought a box in store two days ago but I can't open it. It says there's a store connection problem. Help me ;) my ID is saantanico20

• SSJ4trunks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting an issue when I try to open a Vanity chest, "failed to connect to store server" and it takes ages to load only the vanity chest though, everything else opens up with no issues and I've checked I don't have everything unlocked.

PSN: SSJ4trunks

• AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We apologize to anyone experiencing this issue. We are working on a fix, but it will take some time to get to you.

This glitch can occur in two different ways.

1) If you have already purchased all the available items for the Vanity Chest option, this error message will appear when you attempt to open the final one.

You can check if you have acquired all the items by highlighting the chest and pressing triangle. If nothing happens, that indicates you already own all the items from that chest.

If you do indeed have all the items in the chest, your account balance will not be deducted.

2) If you press Triangle, and items for purchase are displayed, unfortunately your chest will be inaccessible until this issue is fixed. At that time, you will be able to open your chest without needing to pay.

If you were seeking a specific item, you can still access it via the individual item pages, or through Bundles.

From the Store page, pres L1 or R1 to navigate to the Bundles, Characters, or Customization pages. Select the desired category (Characters, Skins, Hats, Face Wear, etc.) and then select the item you would like to purchase.

You can also make individual item purchases from the Customization menu. Select Character, and the Press L1 or R1 to navigate to the Skins, hats, Face Wear, or Taunts pages. From there you can purchase any item individually.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate your patience while we work on a proper fix.

• MentorBisco12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't open a dlc vanity chest.

I received one vanity chest from the game but I can't open it.

Everytime I try to open it I get this error : failed to connect to the store server.

Can you please hepl wit~h this situation.

Thanks in advance

• Necrylaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still can open other chests normally so. I have some skins on elena of the standard collection to unlock

• Joshuawcooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yea it jus started when I decided to play uncharted fortune hunter on App Store....

It might have to do something with the Redeemed relics...

• grobber21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This glitch has persisted through two updates for me. I got the error message when trying to unlock the standard chest. I have two chests ready to open, but I just get the "failed to connect" message after several seconds of waiting.

• tack129 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this issue as well.
    DLC Vanity, Gameplay and all other chests are working however I am unable to open a normal Vanity Chest. I have one Vanity Chest available to open.

Feedback and Knowledge Base