Have you found a bug or issue with Uncharted 4?

End Of Chapter 13 Marooned Stuck In Crate

I haven't seen this problem posted anywhere else on the net.

I have the Uncharted 4 Slim PS4. I'm using the disk that was included. I installed the game about a week ago. I have 400GB of free space.

I was on version 1.0 and I had a problem that others had where the vertical camera controls were inverted but the horizontal ones weren't. Whenever I inspected an item with the triangle button the camera would become stuck looking at the ground. Downloading version 1.22 fixed that problem.

I have a new problem. I am at the end of Chapter 13 where I have to push a crate so Nathan and Sam can climb onto it to see the pirate city and progress into Chapter 14. When I push the crate it does not fall, Sam still gets to the top of the area without it and the dialogue continues, and I become stuck in the crate. I have tried multiple times to restart the checkpoint to no avail. I can jump/roll out of the crate and get back down to the ground, but I still cannot climb up to where Sam is at and the triangle action button is missing if I go back to the crate.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

4 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

b1aquekn1ghtb1aquekn1ght shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  Naughty Dog QA TeamAdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) responded  · 

Thank you for your reports and the video.

We believe we have identified the issue, and will resolve it in an upcoming patch.

As a temporary workaround:

Start from the left side of the tunnel, close against the box, then move to the right side of the tunnel.

Press Triangle as Drake reaches the right wall and you should be able to activate the prompt.

Once Drake attaches to the box, pull BACK on the Left Stick and see if you can shift the box slightly side-to-side. If you can, you are good to push it forwards.

If the box does not shift at all, repeat Steps 1 + 2 and try to press Triangle at the last moment.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Additional thanks to solRayDS for alternate workaround steps and details.

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • b1aquekn1ghtb1aquekn1ght commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I solved this by deleting my game save and starting over. I tried to just replay the whole chapter and that didn't work. I think this was a bug with version 1.0. Thanks a lot Naughty Dog Crew and I hope other players get through this with no problem. Make sure you all upgrade as soon as you get the game to avoid this.

• Naughty Dog QA TeamAdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a temporary workaround:

Start from the left side of the tunnel, close against the box, then move to the right side of the tunnel.

Press Triangle as Drake reaches the right wall and you should be able to activate the prompt.

Once Drake attaches to the box, pull BACK on the Left Stick and see if you can shift the box slightly side-to-side. If you can, you are good to push it forwards.

If the box does not shift at all, repeat Steps 1 + 2 and try to press Triangle at the last moment.

• solRayDSsolRayDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well ... after writing this I tried it a few more times and got lucky apparently.

So the workaround is (kinda):
    - Use same grenates (3 or 4) to bomb the crate to the ground level. Throw them directly before the crate.
    - Try to push the crate when it's on ground level.
    - If you get lucky, Nate and the crate will teleport to the upper level. In this (special) case the crate
    could be pushed down and moved in the location as it was supposed to be.

Now onto chapter 14 ... :)

> Why not have Nate pull the crate with a rope from the op en area, instead of having to push it?
    There does not seem to be prompt for that, so pulling the crate is not a option.

But you can use some grenates to 'bomb' the chest to the ground level. When trying to push it then, Nate beams up to upper level again and does the animation, but at least he does not glitch into the wall this way.

Sometimes this causes the crate to move around, but till now it never came near to the wall where
    it is supposed to end up.

For now it seems to be a game breaking bug, which prevents me from proceeding to chapter 14.

> ... you should try replaying the Chapter.

This does not help either. The glitch persists.

I have the issue as well.

Ps4 Pro, around 400 GB free space
    Uncharted 4 installed around a month ago (digital version),
    recently (19.04.) update to version 1.23

• Naughty Dog QA TeamAdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also if you were playing on version 1.0, and were at this location prior to updating to version 1.22, you may be encountering a bug fixed since launch. In that case, you should try replaying the Chapter.

Let us know how it goes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base