The Last of Us Remastered

Welcome to the technical issues forum for The Last of Us Remastered!

Please let us know of any issues or bugs you are encountering as you play our game. We’ll be continually monitoring reports here and giving you updates when we can.

For any issues with your PS4 hardware, controllers, or any other accessories – or if you need more immediate help, please contact PlayStation Support at http://www.playstation.com/support/

How do I use this?

1. Check The Last of Us Remastered FAQ for help with common questions
  2. Search the forum for your issue by typing a short description of the issue in the “My problem is…” box. If your issue is already submitted by another user, click the “vote” button to show you also experienced the issue. Leave a comment to add any additional information.
  3. If you can’t find your issue, submit it to us with a description.

PLEASE make sure that no one else has reported your issue or bug BEFORE posting a new issue.

If possible, please also provide the following information:

• PS4 model
  • Disk or digital download
  • Time since install
  • System Free Space

If this is a Multiplayer related issue, please ALSO include:

• Connection Method (Settings – Network – View Connection Status)
  • Nat Type (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Download (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Upload (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)

If you are having issues with The Last of Us on PS3, please visit our Community Technical Issues forum at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/bd-p/34179

Thanks!

1. put the option to super sample back in for both the 60 and 30 fps modes pleeeeaaassseeee!

please put the option to super sample in both modes back in pleeaaassseee

878 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. super sampling gone

Hi there!

I bought my first PS4 and and copy of the TLoU for the promised super sampling. I had it for a while, but now it's gone in the most recent patch.

Please put it back in, as it was a great and beautiful gaming experience that single-handedly justified my purchase of the Pro.

Thanks! Amazing game! I look forward to hearing from you on this matter!

346 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 120 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Framerate drops on Pro

The increased resolution on pro mode is making the 60 fps target drop significantly, would greatly appreciate a fix on this as the base PS4 runs the game better. I can't speak for anyone else but a solid 60 fps is significantly more important to me then 1800p.

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You Have Abandoned This Game for Pro Users

The game has many glitches in the shadows and textures since getting Pro support that still aren't fixed, and on top of that you removed downsampling.

Basically you made the experience worse, it's the same resolution and same frame rate as the base PS4, but with added glitches.

I think i can speak for most people here when i say: Please listen to us, at least give us downsampling back.
    It's a shame seeing my favorite game being treated like this.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can't save

I got the ps4 remastered edition and downloaded the 1.06 patch I can't save the game, a message appears when I start a new game that says "autosave will be disabled until you manually save, start new game without saving?" When I say no it puts me back to the main menu when I say yes it's starts the game but I am unable to save fix this please

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are encountering this issue, please ensure you are able to create profile save data.

The easiest way to check is to go to the Home Menu > Settings > Application Save Data Management > Save Data in System Storage > Delete > if TLOU Remastered shows up, select it > Observe if there is Profile save data or not.

If present, how many instances (and please post below).

If there is only one instance, deleting it may allow you to resume saving, but will delete any progress you have thus far.

7. freezing

game freezes randomly at any point during gameplay. Does not happen at a specific moment only randomly. but When i restart it flows through the part where it previously froze. Please fix its very frustrarting all other games work fine. I have bought the physical version of the game.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PS4 controller layout unavailable for this game?

I downloaded this game from a coupon that came with the PS4 I purchased.

Nowhere can I find the controller layout for the PS4 as it relates to this game. There is nothing offered in the game itself.

A search on line produces that info that "it's the same as PS3 except [something] and [something else] are switched." This is of no help to me as (a) I am not an experienced gamer and (b) I have never played this game on the PS3.

Is it possible to obtain a diagram of the PS4 controller showing the layout as it…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no in game controller layout screen for TLOUR, as the mechanics are presented through gameplay. May diagrams exist online. The only difference between the PS3 and the PS4 layout is the shoulder buttons are swapped.

9. Green lines y blue ray scenes

Sorry for my english. A image of my problem is here:
    http://postimg.org/image/pflbvbar5/
    This occurs when my ps4 play a secuence of video with TLOU remastered, with two different televisions (LG) and two different hdmi cables. Green zones moves around the screen.
    With Killzone, Destiny and a film in blue ray this not occurs.
    Disk game.
    PS4 model: CUH-1004A
    Firmware and TLOU updated.
    Enough disk space. The PS4 is new.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  3 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Black screen after Ellie gets captured by David.

Playing on the ps4, every time Ellie is captured by David, the screen goes completely black after the cut-scene of Joel waking up in the basement.
    I've tried skipping the cut-scene of Ellie in the cell, restarting the game, and restarting the console.
    The black screen occurs every time.
    i'm at a loss on what to do.

I have the disc version of the game,
    239GB free space and I installed the game 8/4/14

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  10 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Joel gets stuck when he needs to help open the door in The Cargo

When Joel is asked to help open/push the door they both just get stuck. Not sure if its a game freeze but you can still hear the game. I even did the whole safety mode deal, deleted the game. Once I started playing the same thing happened but earlier in the game. Help!?!?

ps4
    Model CUH-1115A
    Disk
    321.2 GB free space

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. i have the digital game and i am at stage :Escape the city and an error CE-34878-0 appears whle im playing in my screen,

i made all the suggested actions and still the error is there. What i need to do?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't Manually Save

Hi all,

I just bought TLOU Remastered for the PS4 a couple days ago (updated it to 1.06) and I noticed that saving manually just takes you back to the last checkpoint. For example if I was to save manually and load it up, it will just take me to the last checkpoint and I lose the progress I did after that checkpoint. Is this a glitch and is it fixable? Or is it how the game works? (if it is then what is the point of having a save option?) Any info that can help would be really appreciated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need internet to beat the game?

I'm almost done the game, but then suddenly this came up...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25h1ok8&s=8#.VL68z0fF8mk

Why do I require an internet connection to beat the game? my internet is currently down until monday.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The title isn’t fully downloaded. On digital versions after you have the first 10 GB you can start playing, and it downloads the remaining 40 GB while you play. You have reached the point where your title is still downloading, but if your internet is down, it can’t grab the last chunk.

Sorry about that. Once your connection is restored, you’ll see the percentage increase as it finishes, with an ETA timer. Once it’s fully downloaded, an active internet connection isn’t required for Single Player.

15. Statistics Page is not accumulating collectibles, pendants, shiv doors or conversations

I have just met up with Bill.
    I am using a guide for shiv doors and conversations.
    I have opened all shiv doors so far, which is 4... My stats page says 2
    I have done every optional conversation which is 7 so far... My stats page says 4... Yet yesterday after the Museum part, I was on 5/5 conversations. So that stat has gone down since entering Bill's Town.
    I am using a single save file.
    Why are they not accumulating...

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. (Random) Unresponsive controls

I've run into this weird issue in story mode. Sometimes Joel doesn't move when tilting the analog stick. It's like he's frozen in one place and this usually doesn't go away until I reload from last checkpoint. This is the disc version I'm talking about. One time, instead of walking or sprinting he actually started sliding, it seemed funny.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  2 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Movement bug

I've just installed my digital copy of the Last of Us remastered. And I started playing the game and the first thing what annoyed me was the stuttering in te movement of joel and the girl in the house in intro.

I've read on the internet this is a worn controller thing. But in my honest opinion that's bs. (sorry for language). I only got this issue with this game. The controler is only 3 months old. And I play FIFA, Battlefield 4, GTA V and Project cars. And none of those games have got any issues only the Last…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  7 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I can't get through the door with Marlene. I press triangle and then nothing happens. I can't press any buttons. PS4

I can't get through the door with Marlene. I press triangle and then nothing happens. I can't press any buttons. PS4 It is just totally stuck!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Game Cuts off during Escape the City (PS4/ Digital Copy)

I was at the part right where both Ellie and Joel got abandoned by Henry, and then they were running from the tank/truck. Then, when I get to the part where Joel jumps over the concrete divider where a cut-scene is supposed to start the game just shuts down on me and say's something like an error occured. I deleted the game and am in the process of downloading it, but I'm not gonna be back home for another two weeks to where I can finish re-downloading it. So, if re-downloading the game doesn't work, what else can I do?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is typically the result of 1 of 2 issues. Either the title isn’t fully installed, or you need to rebuild your database.

Go to your home screen, highlight the Last of Us Icon and press the Options button. Select Information. Your Download Status should say “completed” and your size should be between 42-50GB.

If your title is fully downloaded and you are still encountering this issue, you should rebuild your database.

Start playstation in Safe mode
    Rebuild database (option 5)
    Once the PS starts, delete the game.
    Download the game again.

Let us know your results.

20. no triangle/ control twitching/ slow loading-

i'm having many of the popular issues with this game - it is totally unplayable. i played up to the downtown level a few months ago- then put this game down for gta5 till now- i don't remember having these issues before - now they're horrible.- i wonder if they're related

the worst is i can not pick up items and not move past obstacles because the triangle button prompt does not show up sometimes- this seems to happen randomly. there will be no way for me to survive the game without the supplies, but even if i could i'll…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Last of Us Remastered

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base