The Last of Us Remastered

Welcome to the technical issues forum for The Last of Us Remastered!

Please let us know of any issues or bugs you are encountering as you play our game. We’ll be continually monitoring reports here and giving you updates when we can.

For any issues with your PS4 hardware, controllers, or any other accessories – or if you need more immediate help, please contact PlayStation Support at http://www.playstation.com/support/

How do I use this?

1. Check The Last of Us Remastered FAQ for help with common questions
  2. Search the forum for your issue by typing a short description of the issue in the “My problem is…” box. If your issue is already submitted by another user, click the “vote” button to show you also experienced the issue. Leave a comment to add any additional information.
  3. If you can’t find your issue, submit it to us with a description.

PLEASE make sure that no one else has reported your issue or bug BEFORE posting a new issue.

If possible, please also provide the following information:

• PS4 model
  • Disk or digital download
  • Time since install
  • System Free Space

If this is a Multiplayer related issue, please ALSO include:

• Connection Method (Settings – Network – View Connection Status)
  • Nat Type (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Download (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Upload (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)

If you are having issues with The Last of Us on PS3, please visit our Community Technical Issues forum at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/bd-p/34179

Thanks!

1. unable to play multiplayer, error ce-34878-0 immediately appears after loading is finished

PS4 model : CUH-1006A
    Disk or digital download : DISK
    Time since install : if for the update file, 2014/9/4 12:09 am
    System Free Space: 273 GB

Connection Method: Wi-Fi
    Nat Type : TYPE 2
    Connection Speed Download : 3.1 Mbps
    Connection Speed Upload : 700 kbps

i have been playing multiplayer and i am on week 12, there seems to have a bug, i am on the last day, finished with the tasks, and then after game, it wont load anymore, tried all possible workarounds and contacted sony support with this as well, initialized my ps4 and re installed,…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  8 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi,I have a problem on the last of us on ps3

I have a problem with your fascinating game,, the game is awesome but i encountered an annoying bug on my ps3: whenever i reach the museum (any save file any difficulty) the game goes like crazy. When i first finished it , it didn't happened to me then i finished it on plus and it didn't happen to me. So i started a new game on survivor difficulty and i reach the museum and the game was glitching suddenly i die and then i wont respawn its infinite loading, so i quit the game and my ps3 restarts.After that i…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My game won't start.

I've had the game for 2 years now, and it worked flawlessly until recently. The disk is undamaged, and SHOULD work, but it doesn't. When I launch the game I am left staring at the black screen of Joel and Ellie, and I can hear my Playstation's disk drive starting up and stopping over and over. It just whirs for a second then stops, over and over again and the game never loads. This is the only game I have ever experienced this with. Please help.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Still No Downscaling for Last of Us Remastered?

I own a 1080p monitor (no TV) and I've been considering to buy a PS4 Pro for a long time. I just stumbled upon some sweet deals on PSN Store few days ago and since then I'm seriously about to buy it.

But today I found out the downscaling option is not present in some games and even removed from Last of Us Remastered, which made me detract from buying the console.

I couldn't find a single statement from ND or Sony related to this issue. Just listened Mark Cerny in E3 saying there's downscaling option for 1080p TV owners.…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiplayer progress doesn't save!

Hello, i'm brazilian, I bought and downloaded the digital copy the game a few weeks ago. After completing the amazing campaign and the DLC, I gave a try to the MP, loved it, played until week 3 day 1 as hunter.
    The next day i opened the game and went for MP again, but after it connected, the game asked me to choose a faction again, and set me to level 0 at week 1 day 1 and lost all my supplies and unlocks!
    So I played a few matches, and after going back to the menu and then back…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cabin Resort final door won't open

Playing on Easy to run through and get all collectibles. I have had to run through the game twice on Easy because of other unrelated glitches, and I have only encountered this problem on this difficulty. Last time, I was able to get it to work eventually somehow, but I have played through this part several dozen times now and I'm really getting exhausted.

The door that should trigger the fight with David in the restaurant won't open. The Triangle prompt is there, but disappears after I press the button and then nothing happens. This seems to be connected to…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Movement when walking forward is stuttering/not working at all. Not controller problem because "flipped" sticks via options show no deadzone

Disc
    Pressing the left analog stick forward doesn't let Joel walk forward. When the controls are flipped via the options menu, the left stick doesn't have the same deadzone. The problem only occurs when trying to walk forward on The Last of Us Remastered story mode. I first noticed this while playing Left Behind as Ellie did it, after I had beaten Grounded Mode. When I tried to continue my Grounded New Game+ the problem continued. This bug is not present in multiplayer or any other game on the PS4. Please tell me there's a solution, because I could not…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Freezes on launch

As soon as I start up TLOU Remastered and I get the black and white screen with ellie and joel, it does not get any further. Has only happened after the new update.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are still encountering this issue, we recommend the following:

Start playstation in Safe mode
    Rebuild database (option 5)
    Once the PS starts, delete the title.
    Download the game again.

Please post here and let us know if it doesn’t resolve the issue.

9. PS4 can't connect to Factions MP.

I bought the game day 1 on my PS4(disk version.) This problem never occurred until today.When I try to connect to factions mp I get the ''connecting'' bar as usual.Only problem is that the bar stops midway and thus I cant plaay the multiplayer.
    Connection method-WiFi.
    Nat type-2
    Connection speed download and upload-300-500 kbps.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Active Exploits/Glitches as of 4/2017

aim down glitch - randomly but often when you aim, it auto aims you at the floor (not an exploit, but extremely frustrating): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owA9MBYbUv0
    suburbs fence glitch (most exploited glitch in the game): https://youtu.be/B0WJLVIDqqQ?t=7m27s
    Strategist to spawn outside of the map on checkpoint: https://youtu.be/B0WJLVIDqqQ?t=3m46s
    and in bus depot: https://youtu.be/Xx2xF7MkQDM?t=39s
    and in university: https://youtu.be/kne78dEFBlo?t=1m
    see through a wall on financial plaza: https://youtu.be/B0WJLVIDqqQ?t=4m57s
    see through truck on financial plaza: https://youtu.be/C-GbgTg1PBM?t=13s
    see through map glitch on lakeside: https://youtu.be/hgprsmaxG-k?t=9s
    tree glitch on bookstore: https://youtu.be/lYbAVSSh4XU?t=3m21s
    boat glitch on beach: https://youtu.be/430_xwmiXmg?t=33s

Another that I'm not sure if glitch or not, often when using a 2x4 or…

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pittsburgh camera glitch?

I've played the last of us numerous times now and it runs fine for me apart from one glitch with the camera.

It occurs in the Pittsburgh chapter just after Henry and Sam leave Joel after climbing on top of the truck. when I am inside the bar fighting of the four hunters, every action that i do apart from moving turns the camera towards the back wall (the one that is to the right when entering the bar room/opposite where the hunters come from). Every time i shoot, reload, melee hit or anything that isn't movement, the camera rotates.…

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make the emblems more prevalent and noticeable in the game. Put our emblems after our rank Ex: 120//[emblem]PSNNAMEHERE

Make the emblems more prevalent and noticeable in the game. Put our emblems after our rank Ex: 120//[emblem]PSNNAMEHERE

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A Common Problem; No solution - NO Matches?

I've had TLOU-Remastered for over 2 years and never had any issues finding matches until 2 days ago. It will start normally, "searching for optimal game," then reduce to "searching for close game," and stop on "searching for any game." Getting past this stage is rare, if I do it will be after a half hour. If I leave the lobby the whole process will reset as well. Before, the game took five minutes tops to find a match. I have read through similar issues on this forum but none have been addressed in full. I consistently see this post…

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Suggestion

Add an open world to the gameplay, it would be awesome in a such survival game. ( add it to The Last Of Us ll)

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The hunt episode cutscene - screen goes black

I have bought TLoU remastered disk (version 1.00) and have completed the game several times without any significant bugs. Then I've deleted it. Back then I had ps4 system version 1.76 without connection to internet. However, lately I was forced to upgrade the system to version 2.3. After that I have installed TLoU to play it one more time, but unfortunately I encountered a fatal bug in the "hunt" cutscene episode when Ellie is grabbed and put in a jail. The screen goes black and the game won't load after that. There is no error message in the error log.…

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is typically the result of 1 of 2 issues. Either the title isn’t fully installed, or you need to rebuild your database.

Go to your home screen, highlight the Last of Us Icon and press the Options button. Select Information. Your Installed Status should say “completed” and your size should be between 42-50GB.

If your title is fully installed and you are still encountering this issue, you should rebuild your database.

Once the PS starts, delete the game.
    Download the game again.

Let us know your results.

18. 10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PS3 - CANT PLAY FROM GO BIG HORNS - PLEASE FIX THE GLITCH

PLEASE PLEASE HELP - I BOUGHT LAST OF US GOTY JUST 20 DAYS AGO FROM PS PLUS, EVERYTHING WAS GOOD SINCE THE CHAPTER GO BIG HORNS - IN THE SEQUENCE WHEN JOEL AVOIDS THE CLICKERS AND BLOATERS TO ACTIVATE THE SECOND GENERATOR, AFTER OPENING THE DOOR ITS WHITE SCREEN, AND JOEL FALLING ENDLESS, THEN WHEN I TRY TO RESTART THE GAME ITS EITHER FOREVER LOADING OR HANGS THE SYSTEM, I CANT SEE ANY SOLUTION, I DELETED THE SAVED ELEMENTS AND UNINSTALLED THE WHOLE GAME, STILL IT IS NOT WORKING - PLEASE HELP

PS3
    DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
    DOWNLOADED ON 28/06/15
    DISC FREE…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are still encountering this issue, we suggest the following:

Once the PS starts, delete the game.
    Download/Install the game again.

Please post here if this does not resolve your issue.

• Don't see your idea?

The Last of Us Remastered

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base