Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

Joels movement keeps on stuttering or stopping even with the left stick fully forward

When i press the left stick fully forward joel would move, but then he just stops and stutters then continues moving adn then stutters again as if there is some sort of invisible barrier in front of him.

206 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
sajawallcoolguy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hogram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Run/Walk Stutter Movement: I haven’t played The Last of Us since 2014. Loved it back then. The perfect game.

I fired it up again this week (December 2018) and everything was sweet. Just like I remembered. Then my PS4 starting downloading an update for it in the background.

As soon as the update finishes installing I’ve suddenly got a walk/run stutter issue. I immediately think the update was buggy.

I jump on this forum and boom, everyone says there’s a walk/run bug. Naughty Dog says it’s a worn controller issue.

IT IS NOT A WORN CONTROLLER. This game was fine an hour ago while I was playing the 2014 version, before the update, then it updated, then I immediately had this bug in my game.

Sort it out Naughty Dog. The fact that you’re denying it says that a) you don’t know how to fix it or b) you don’t care. Either reason means I won’t touch your software again. Fix it.

• ThatGuy-OvaThere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look Naughty Dog, today is 7/19/2018 and the problem still occurs. When are you going to fix it? I keep reading the forums, both past and present, and all I see are your replies questioning everyone's controller. IT'S NOT THE CONTROLLER. Your company makes enough money to be able to work on an update to fix the issue. I went and got a new controller just to destroy your questioning and it worked, the walking is STILL bad. Be a better company.

• opzk_m-h_bomber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a good way to fix this problem in a way that should make the game easier to play.

Go to options in game and flip the sticks
    Then go to settings in psn menu, accessibility, button assignment and then switch the left and right stick

This will let you play the game using your normal controls but trick the game into thinking that you using the right stick to move. It fixed it for me

• opzk_m-h_bomber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would seem that flipping the analogs is the key to fixing this problem. When I flip my sticks, suddenly the stuttering stops but it would take long to get used to.

Also, this problem isn't because of my controllers. They still in a decent condition and work properly on other games. But it looks like there's a problem with the game when you set the left stick as movement

• HarleyUTD91 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had this same problem and it took me so long to get into because of the poor movement but I've just got to winter and finally figured if you pull the thumb stick as if you were trying to pull it out of the controller you'll feel it give a little it actually makes the game playable.

• DeMundiComedenti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Administration you answered... May 28, 2015
    Does this still occur if you switch thumbsticks in the controller options menu? If not, it indicates you are probably experiencing a worn controller issue.

Well that's bullcrap because my control is only a month old and it's doing the same thing on mine

• Lovkiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on guys its obvious the game problem. so many posts are taking the same! the point is that issue occurs only in TLOU. I tested my controller on PC in several games (with DS4 for windows app) and on PS4 in many games even in UNCHARTED 4 and it works perfectly! Its really annoying and totally unplayable! I dismantled the cotroller and it was clean inside but I rubbed it just in case and I reinstalled the game (digital version) but the problem still remains :( today I tested the game with my brother's controller and this bug is here too. my guess is that problem related with walking sensitivity. I noticed this stuttering is happening very often in scenes when character moves slowly like in the beginning when you play as Joel' daughter... so maybe when you are flipping sticks their sensitivity doesn't shift?

• Lovkiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I passed this game about 6 times and never had this bag but today when I tried to play the game I faced with this! how can I play now? controller works fine in other games on PS and PC

• Purpcoba1n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish i knew of this problem before i bought it today. So i just wasted my money on this game. Which will never be fixed? I really want my money back

• Frostoholic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loved the game, bought the Remaster and now....WTF??!!!?!, constant movement stutters, it's completely unplayable, tried multiple controllers too. ND fix this shit please, its been over 2 years, and i'm really tired of it, how do you expect dedicated fans when you're so reluctant to fix this crucial of an issue

• DarthNecious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just one more thing, perhaps the development team should consider an update to increase a little bit the sensibility of both sticks in order to not require a full tilt of the stick for continual uninterrupted movement?

Ok, after a while I decided to check my controllers, both of them the old one and the just a couple of months new one.

It turns out I found a flaw in the DualShock 4 sticks... Maybe someone here knows about this: it turns out that the sticks lose height after a few times of pressing them, the internal cap for the external stick (the one you put your thumbs on) is way to high regarding the internal lever. It isn't worn from use, since the same happened to my new controller. The "fix", if you want to call it that way, in my case consisted on pulling up very gently the stick to put it back in place at is original height.

In the future I'll try to put inside the sticks little pieces of rubber or paper to help avoid the stick to fall back to a lower "height", but for that I'll have to gather some courage to disassemble my controls.

PS: Please excuse me if my explanation is confusing, English isn't my native language.

I have the same problem on the PS4 remaster... I've been playing this game from time to time, haven't finished the story yet, I don't want to because I'm in love with the story and the whole world naughty dog created for this game... bought it on day one when the remaster released on the PS4 and I'm pretty sure this didn't happened before... I launched the game yesterday and it was annoying as hell, it happens with the controller that came with my console and also with the new one I bought a couple months ago. It isn't a worn out controller, I can play just fine any other game, especially FPS.

• JukeBox_17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Can't even finish the prologue because of this stuttering thing. I googled it and there were so many comments about this error, some of them are even two years old. I can't understand that there is no possibility to fix this error. You don't even get any helpful comment from ND. They just ignore it. Well then no more ND games for me in the future.

Oh and by the way: my controller works perfectly.

• robcicle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly this error has been around for 2+ years I just tried controllers I want to be reimbursed the only way that will happen is with a class action lawsuit and I want reimbursed for the controller I didn't need because I was told to buy by this forum. And since sony owns ND I think I will be switching to Xbox soon

• FromthePA507 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still happening, he completely stops moving when i hit the sprint plus he always stutter stepping

• MyEvangelion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy. I have the same problem and it can't be my controller's fault because it's brand new. So many people are having the same problem but you are just ignoring it. I stopped playing the game because it is so frustrating.

I went on other forums and more people are complaining about this.

How is it possible that this issue still hasn't been adressed by you.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base