Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

Game freezes during Joel's "focused hearing" tutorial

Game will freeze while walking through the tunnels early on in the game after the lockdown. I restarted from an earlier save and it freezes at the exact same moment every time. I believe this is the first enemy encounter, Joel crouches against a wall and the tutorial for his hearing ability pops up. A guy runs across the screen when it freezes. Same spot every time.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
funnyimps shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DreaLaReina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the disk version of the game and this same problem happening — with the whole game freezing. It doesn't matter if I push R1 as requested. The game is stuck.Any suggestions?

• Dave_Mayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just started playing and have the exact same issue, now 5 times in a row.
    I see the option to press "L1" however the game crashes before I even get the opportunity to press it.
    This is a disk based version of the game so don't see how "rebuilding system" will necessarily work. Any other ideas/things that might help?
    Can't get the last hour and half of my day back, but a fix would go some way to saving my sanity!

• PaulyB27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem and have tried the solution which doesn't work. Any other ideas anyone????

• Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you tried pressing and holding either R1 or R2 (depending on your Aim/Fire settings)?

The game is asking the player to fulfill the criteria on the screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base