Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

the game freezes

i have recently purchased a 500gb ps4 and have installed the last of us remastered as a digital download 24 hours prior to playing. the game freezes at the beginning of the game where it first instructs to "hold r1 to focus joel's hearing". i can pause the game, and save, restart encounter etc but it still stops at that point. it is also the first and only game i have installed on the ps4.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
funksupreme shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
solved  ·  AdminNaughty Dog QA Team (Admin, Naughty Dog) responded  · 

This is a tutorial for “listen mode”. You have to complete the instructions by pressing and holding R1 to enter listen mode and observe the infected. The game will not permit you to proceed until you do.

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GFYReni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m at the part where Ellie gets captured by David and then it shows Joel waking up and starts looking for Ellie then it will go to the black screen and freeze there I left it load there for a hour the other night still didn’t work I even had GameStop replace the game and it still does it please help would love to finish the game

• ChristianJauvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's January 2018, I just downloaded the digital edition for my PS4 Pro, and I had exactly the same issue. I restarted the game three times before I reread the solution posted by the admin, and finally got it. Although it's true that it's *not* a real problem (holding R1 for a few seconds is actually all it takes to "solve" it), I also think that the game behaves a bit strangely in that particular moment, because it *really* does look like it's frozen.. (it seems that enough people have assumed it for this thread to exist). I also specifically remember *not* having experienced this issue with the PS3 version, which I played many times. So if someone is stuck and read this: simply hold R1, as it is instructed, and continue enjoying this wonderful game!

• megkat8604 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The game freezes when it says hold r2 to focus Joels hearing. The whole game freezes. What do I do..I'm new to this game and am rather frustrated. Everyone said how good it was...

• ewok810 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same problem. It freezes when the "hold r1 to focus joel's hearing" sign comes up at the begging of the game. I downloaded TLOU to my PS4 a week ago. Tried sever times and it happens always.

Feedback and Knowledge Base