The Last of Us Remastered

Welcome to the technical issues forum for The Last of Us Remastered!

Please let us know of any issues or bugs you are encountering as you play our game. We’ll be continually monitoring reports here and giving you updates when we can.

For any issues with your PS4 hardware, controllers, or any other accessories – or if you need more immediate help, please contact PlayStation Support at http://www.playstation.com/support/

How do I use this?

1. Check The Last of Us Remastered FAQ for help with common questions
  2. Search the forum for your issue by typing a short description of the issue in the “My problem is…” box. If your issue is already submitted by another user, click the “vote” button to show you also experienced the issue. Leave a comment to add any additional information.
  3. If you can’t find your issue, submit it to us with a description.

PLEASE make sure that no one else has reported your issue or bug BEFORE posting a new issue.

If possible, please also provide the following information:

• PS4 model
  • Disk or digital download
  • Time since install
  • System Free Space

If this is a Multiplayer related issue, please ALSO include:

• Connection Method (Settings – Network – View Connection Status)
  • Nat Type (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Download (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Upload (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)

If you are having issues with The Last of Us on PS3, please visit our Community Technical Issues forum at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/bd-p/34179

Thanks!

1. The weapon swap is the worst part of a promising game, I certainly can't make it work for me. No instructions downloaded

Weapon swap seems impossible to use, no instructions and just randomly hitting buttons doesn't work. This game seems very cool, why would you make the controls nearly impossible to use and provide no instructions? Very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Joel gets stuck when he needs to help open the door in The Cargo

When Joel is asked to help open/push the door they both just get stuck. Not sure if its a game freeze but you can still hear the game. I even did the whole safety mode deal, deleted the game. Once I started playing the same thing happened but earlier in the game. Help!?!?

ps4
    Model CUH-1115A
    Disk
    321.2 GB free space

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't Manually Save

Hi all,

I just bought TLOU Remastered for the PS4 a couple days ago (updated it to 1.06) and I noticed that saving manually just takes you back to the last checkpoint. For example if I was to save manually and load it up, it will just take me to the last checkpoint and I lose the progress I did after that checkpoint. Is this a glitch and is it fixable? Or is it how the game works? (if it is then what is the point of having a save option?) Any info that can help would be really appreciated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey i love this game but the bugs are kinda annoying

Like i said love this game i had never cried over a video game in my life never! Now when i was looking for the girl at the ranch house she kept on walking at a wall like she would hit the wall but she kept on running.
    The other innocent was when i was getting shot at by the sniper it was totally unrealistic their was no one on the sniper rifle i was going to pick him off! Other than that great fucken game naughty dogs

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Game Cuts off during Escape the City (PS4/ Digital Copy)

I was at the part right where both Ellie and Joel got abandoned by Henry, and then they were running from the tank/truck. Then, when I get to the part where Joel jumps over the concrete divider where a cut-scene is supposed to start the game just shuts down on me and say's something like an error occured. I deleted the game and am in the process of downloading it, but I'm not gonna be back home for another two weeks to where I can finish re-downloading it. So, if re-downloading the game doesn't work, what else can I do?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is typically the result of 1 of 2 issues. Either the title isn’t fully installed, or you need to rebuild your database.

Go to your home screen, highlight the Last of Us Icon and press the Options button. Select Information. Your Download Status should say “completed” and your size should be between 42-50GB.

If your title is fully downloaded and you are still encountering this issue, you should rebuild your database.

Start playstation in Safe mode
    Rebuild database (option 5)
    Once the PS starts, delete the game.
    Download the game again.

Let us know your results.

6. freezing

game freezes randomly at any point during gameplay. Does not happen at a specific moment only randomly. but When i restart it flows through the part where it previously froze. Please fix its very frustrarting all other games work fine. I have bought the physical version of the game.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I need internet to beat the game?

I'm almost done the game, but then suddenly this came up...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25h1ok8&s=8#.VL68z0fF8mk

Why do I require an internet connection to beat the game? my internet is currently down until monday.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The title isn’t fully downloaded. On digital versions after you have the first 10 GB you can start playing, and it downloads the remaining 40 GB while you play. You have reached the point where your title is still downloading, but if your internet is down, it can’t grab the last chunk.

Sorry about that. Once your connection is restored, you’ll see the percentage increase as it finishes, with an ETA timer. Once it’s fully downloaded, an active internet connection isn’t required for Single Player.

8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  0 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Game freezes during Joel's "focused hearing" tutorial Game will freeze while walking through the tunnels early on in the game after the loc

Game freezes during Joel's "focused hearing" tutorial

Game will freeze while walking through the tunnels early on in the game after the lockdown. I restarted from an earlier save and it freezes at the exact same moment every time. I believe this is the first enemy encounter, Joel crouches against a wall and the tutorial for his hearing ability pops up. A guy runs across the screen when it freezes. Same spot every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a tutorial for “listen mode”. You have to complete the instructions by pressing and holding R1 to enter listen mode and observe the infected. The game will not permit you to proceed until you do.

10. press any button screen

When the game boots to the "press any button" screen the game becomes unresponsive. No buttton pressed will advance the game to a menu or anything. I can only entee the system OS and thats it. The controller is set to player 1 or it is shininh blue.

the ps4 has the latest firmware, 1.7 something and the game is patched to version 1.4 . I tried reinstalling the game and playing it without the patch but the problem persists.

why is the game not working? I cant say anything about other games as the last of us is the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is usually the result of starting the game as one user, and then switching to a different user while the title is running. If you close the application and re-open it with the same user, you should be able to proceed normally.

11. (Random) Unresponsive controls

I've run into this weird issue in story mode. Sometimes Joel doesn't move when tilting the analog stick. It's like he's frozen in one place and this usually doesn't go away until I reload from last checkpoint. This is the disc version I'm talking about. One time, instead of walking or sprinting he actually started sliding, it seemed funny.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  2 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. i have the digital game and i am at stage :Escape the city and an error CE-34878-0 appears whle im playing in my screen,

i made all the suggested actions and still the error is there. What i need to do?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Console crashes without error code

I purchased The Last Of Us Remastered on disk last week. Every time I try to play it, my console completely shuts down and boots back into Safe Mode. I'm not seeing any error code as reported by some others here, just a black screen and then the console shuts itself off.

It seems to happen about 50% of the time right after the Naughty Dog and The Last Of Us splash screens (before the menu). The other 50% of the time it seems to happen after 5-10 minutes once I'm in the game, usually when some tutorial text pops…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Game breaking glitch, unkillable enemies

This glitch has occured during the sixth chapter of the game, in the sewers straight after the group of four reunite and barricade themselves temporarily in a dead end. The glitch appears to be triggered as Ellie stands at a doorway and does not move. As soon as the runners enter she is immediately killed. If I "kill" all the enemies with a single molotov they stay "alive" but ignore joel and continue attacking the other friendly AI. If I stab an infected in the back, they literally pop right back up. No matter how many times I try to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. My digtal download downloads content in sections?

I bought the download version, and right after the prologue I went to a screen that showed a timer and a percentage? I can only assume that is for more downloaded content. Am I just an idiot or is something wrong?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The game is about 50GB in size. You can start playing thanks to PlayGo after downloading only the first “chunk” of 10GB. If you reach the end of that chunk before the next chunk has finished download, you’ll be presented with a timer indicating how much time the download has left.

If you wait long enough the entire game will download and you won’t see any more timers.

16. I can't get through the door with Marlene. I press triangle and then nothing happens. I can't press any buttons. PS4

I can't get through the door with Marlene. I press triangle and then nothing happens. I can't press any buttons. PS4 It is just totally stuck!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Green lines y blue ray scenes

Sorry for my english. A image of my problem is here:
    http://postimg.org/image/pflbvbar5/
    This occurs when my ps4 play a secuence of video with TLOU remastered, with two different televisions (LG) and two different hdmi cables. Green zones moves around the screen.
    With Killzone, Destiny and a film in blue ray this not occurs.
    Disk game.
    PS4 model: CUH-1004A
    Firmware and TLOU updated.
    Enough disk space. The PS4 is new.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  3 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug or mishap

At the beginning of storymode when you kick the window open. A piece of glass hangs in the air after it has broken. Gamemode was Normal.

PS4 model: EU CUH-1116A
    Digital download
    Time: 8 hours
    space: 437GB

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. enemies and game characters keep sinking into floor and legs jitter as they walk

character and enemy AI keep sinking into floor during game play.
    ai legs jitter as they walk, and at times sink all the way into the floor.
    game becomes unplayable as I can't target and shoot an enemy especially when several runners are running at me.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  0 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Statistics Page is not accumulating collectibles, pendants, shiv doors or conversations

I have just met up with Bill.
    I am using a guide for shiv doors and conversations.
    I have opened all shiv doors so far, which is 4... My stats page says 2
    I have done every optional conversation which is 7 so far... My stats page says 4... Yet yesterday after the Museum part, I was on 5/5 conversations. So that stat has gone down since entering Bill's Town.
    I am using a single save file.
    Why are they not accumulating...

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    solved  ·  1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Last of Us Remastered

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base