The Last of Us Remastered

Welcome to the technical issues forum for The Last of Us Remastered!

Please let us know of any issues or bugs you are encountering as you play our game. We’ll be continually monitoring reports here and giving you updates when we can.

For any issues with your PS4 hardware, controllers, or any other accessories – or if you need more immediate help, please contact PlayStation Support at http://www.playstation.com/support/

How do I use this?

1. Check The Last of Us Remastered FAQ for help with common questions
  2. Search the forum for your issue by typing a short description of the issue in the “My problem is…” box. If your issue is already submitted by another user, click the “vote” button to show you also experienced the issue. Leave a comment to add any additional information.
  3. If you can’t find your issue, submit it to us with a description.

PLEASE make sure that no one else has reported your issue or bug BEFORE posting a new issue.

If possible, please also provide the following information:

• PS4 model
  • Disk or digital download
  • Time since install
  • System Free Space

If this is a Multiplayer related issue, please ALSO include:

• Connection Method (Settings – Network – View Connection Status)
  • Nat Type (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Download (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Upload (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)

If you are having issues with The Last of Us on PS3, please visit our Community Technical Issues forum at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/bd-p/34179

Thanks!

Have you found a bug or issue with The Last of Us Remastered?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The I want to talk about it trophy won't pop.

I've played through 3 times right now for the 'I want to talk about it' trophy, with a guide and it still only shows 36/37 conversations in the stats screen. I seems to be effecting many people too.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  51 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The hunt episode cutscene - screen goes black

I have bought TLoU remastered disk (version 1.00) and have completed the game several times without any significant bugs. Then I've deleted it. Back then I had ps4 system version 1.76 without connection to internet. However, lately I was forced to upgrade the system to version 2.3. After that I have installed TLoU to play it one more time, but unfortunately I encountered a fatal bug in the "hunt" cutscene episode when Ellie is grabbed and put in a jail. The screen goes black and the game won't load after that. There is no error message in the error log.…

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is typically the result of 1 of 2 issues. Either the title isn’t fully installed, or you need to rebuild your database.

Go to your home screen, highlight the Last of Us Icon and press the Options button. Select Information. Your Installed Status should say “completed” and your size should be between 42-50GB.

If your title is fully installed and you are still encountering this issue, you should rebuild your database.

Start playstation in Safe mode
    Rebuild database (option 5)
    Once the PS starts, delete the game.
    Download the game again.

Let us know your results.

3. Intermittent Lag

Wired
    Nat type: type 2
    Connect speed download: 25mb
    Connect speed upload: 1.4mb

500gb jet black uk ps4 model. Basically the only one on the market.
    Digital copy
    Circa. Beginning of January since install
    Free space: 250gb

I also ran a broadband speed checker on my laptop which is running on wi fi.
    Broadband speed checker:
    Download speed: 20mb
    Upload speed: 2.10mb
    Ping: 281ms

Have been trying to play games of last of us over the last ten days and EVERY match has had intermittent lag.

Usually if I'm running alongside my team mates with them in my view they…

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  16 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. game freezes

After completing "The Hunt", a video plays, in which Ellie breaks a man's fingers through the bars of a cell. After this, my game will not load. The screen is completely black, however, you can still hear the wind noises that play during the load screen. If you close the game and then load it back from the last save, the same issue recurs every time.
    My PS4 model number is CUH-1116A. I have a digital download and the time since download is around 3 months. My PS4 has 262.1GB of free space.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are still encountering this issue, you should attempt the following:

Download the game again.

Please let us know your results.

5. Game won't load after "the hunt" cutscene - just stays on black screen

Ever since downloaded the latest Playstation system update, I've been having an issue with "The Last of Us Remastered" for PS4.

Before the update, I played the game through fine, no problems.

After the update, when I get up to "The Hunt" (the cutscene where Ellie has been locked up by David, and she breaks his finger), after the cutscene, the screen goes black. And the game won't load.

It just stays black. I can push the PS button and close the game, but that's it. If I push start or anything else, nothing happens.

Seems I am not the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could tell us what region you are in?

Are you on disc, or digital?

If disc – look on the spine of the game case – It should read CUSA- 0055# – what is the last number?

Does the title continue to output audio during the black screen?

6. Matchmaking balancing

The matchmaking is ridiculous. It goes usually like 0-2-1-0 vs. 562-173-66-999 parties. I would believe in the k/d matchmaking myth, if that 562-173-66-999 parties wouldn't be commonly in lead 20:7 after three minutes

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Game freezes after Hospital cut scene

I have recently purchased a PS4 console bundle with "The Last of Us Remastered" and the game has been fun to play. However, I found that I can't continue after the first cut-off scene at the hospital. A black screen comes up and game won't load. I have tried loading it from the last auto-save point, but found that it just froze exactly at the time the dust spores came up during tho load sequence. I have tried to load earlier auto-saved points and those work perfectly fine.

37 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are still encountering this issue, you should attempt the following:

Download the game again.

Please let us know your results.

8. new game plus problem

I completed the game on normal and wanted to start new game plus but it says I only completed the game on easy (only given an easy trophy). I can't even load the last save-it goes to the main screen.

All the individual chapters say completed on normal.
    What happened and how can this be fixed?

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unable to reload my weapons in Single Player and Multiplayer

I am experiancing an indredibly frustrating bug in the game which I cannot enjoy until it is resolved: the game will not allow me to reload.

I haven't played the game in 12 days since yesterday, which is when I first encountered the bug. Loaded up a single player game today, and played a multiplayer session and the bug is still present.

Simply put, the reload function does not operate. I can hold R1 to listen, that works as expected, and when aiming my weapon pressing R1 allows me to swap firing hand, but tapping R1 to reload when not…

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Marlene bypassing conversation

After meeting Marlene for the first time you soon come upon 6 military enemy. After killing all 6 by stealth, Marlene is supposed to approach the dead Fireflies and you get a prompt for an optional conversation. However, about 80% of the time she simply runs downstairs and says "Not much further now."

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug with the CD

Hello I have a problem with The Last of Us Remastered CDS. During the "Hunt" chapter where Ellie gets kinapped and Joel hurt tries to wake up the CD freezes and I am left with a black screen and nothing.. I thought it was an issue with the first CD and I went to BestBuy and exchange it today but the bug still persists. I am worried now that this might not be a problem that all CDs at BestBuy might have.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 'It was all just lying there' Trophy won't pop!

I just finished playing The Last of Us: Remastered for PS4, and I have been going for Trophies as I was doing my first playthrough. I currently have unlocked all the collectibles, training manuals, Fireflies-pendants and other stuff, but still the 'It was all just lying there' Trophy won't pop.

I have checked in the chapter select menu, and it's all all there - all the collectibles and artifacts have been found.

Is there anyway to solve this bug?

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Single player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Freeze tlou remasteres

Hi i have a issue wirh tlou. Everytime i get to xbm to answer msg or to get to some apps when i return to game my game freezes for like 2 3 secs. It seems like my net is in quesrion cuz turning it off resolves problem. Game works like a charm until i go to xbm. And thwn after freezing it works like a charm as well. Anyway to fix this without having to pla offline since i need trophies. This is my 2nd round of playing game 1sr time didnt happen. Ps4 is 3 weeks old and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Just finally found my download code and it may be expired. Can I still download?

I bought a PS4 with The Last of Us Remastered download code. I put the code aside to download later, and ended up moving. I could not find the code for the last 2 years. It says it expired in march. I never used it, and I technically paid for it. Is there anyway to get a new download code or anyone I can call to get help with this? If anyone has come across this or has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There was someone on The Last of Us Remastered Factions Spreading EXTREME Hate Speech

I have a recording of the encounter. He yells the N word about 50 times antagonizing an african american player on my team. I mean his profile says it all.

https://my.playstation.com/profile/trump_enslaves

How do we go about banning a player like this. On top of this, he and his teammates were hacking the game. Our team is composed of experienced players and it was blatant. At the very least please look into this player and his friends. One of them was named xExcuseSs_-

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Download free map Factions MP : This content cannot be selected at this time

Ps4 : Bought it from Denmark
    Located : India
    PSN : India account
    Disc : Region (All) -, as mentioned "All" next to globe.
    PSN membership : 14 day membership started just today.. I could download other games online without any issue.

Things tried : Restore licenses (didn't work)

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The tag glitch/bug

Naughty dog,i have found a glitch in the last of us remastered tag system and statistics. I am playing on the ps4 slim and have a physical disk copy of the game.i dont have an internet connection so i am playing the1.00 version of the game. I tried googling this and found that a LOT of people are suffering from this. I have a free space of 717.4 gb. My problem is that i have achieved the 'scavenger' trophy which means that I also have 'look for the light' trophy, 'it was all just lying there' trophy, 'i got this'…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. CE-34878-0 Error ps4 last of us disc

CE-34878-0 Error ps4 last of us disc
    I’ve owned the game for a year now, it was working fine then. Hadn’t played it since. But decided to give it a go again today and I’m having trouble loading the game. The disc is in perfect condition.

Have tried methods that included
    - starting up in safemode & rebuilding database
    - deleting the game and reinstalling it
    - restoring to default settings and initialising ps4
    -disconnecting from network
    -updating system and game

However, still getting the error code CE-34878-0.
    All other games work completely fine, except for the last of us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I just bought the game, and the update is stuck at 99%

I've just bought the game at Gamestop today, and as soon as i attempt to load up the game, it gets through the first process with ease. But when the screen says "Copying Update File... Version 1.09" it gets stuck at 99% for at least 2 hours, and i'd like to play soon.
    Please help me fix it.
    Thank you for your time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The last of us music in a cooking show

Hey everyone
    I was watching tv and suddenly I heard a note from the song of the last of us main theme on njam! a channel from Belgium. I kept listening and realised that is was the song of the last of us. Are they allowed to use the song idk just checking and I thought I would let you all know. Today is the 2 of November 2018 naughty dog better cheks this out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Last of Us Remastered

Feedback and Knowledge Base