Uncharted 4

Welcome to the technical issues forum for Uncharted 4!

Please let us know of any issues or bugs you are encountering as you play our game. We’ll be continually monitoring reports here and giving you updates when we can.

For any issues with your PS4 hardware, controllers, or any other accessories – or if you need more immediate help, please contact PlayStation Support at http://www.playstation.com/support/

How do I use this?

1. Search the forum for your issue by typing a short description of the issue in the “My problem is…” box. If your issue is already submitted by another user, click the “vote” button to show you also experienced the issue. Leave a comment to add any additional information.
  2. If you can’t find your issue, submit it to us with a description.

PLEASE make sure that no one else has reported your issue or bug BEFORE posting a new issue.

If possible, please also provide the following information:

• PS4 model
  • Disk or digital download
  • Time since install
  • System Free Space

If this is a Multiplayer related issue, please ALSO include:

• Connection Method (Settings – Network – View Connection Status)
  • Nat Type (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Download (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)
  • Connection Speed Upload (Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection)

Thanks!

Have you found a bug or issue with Uncharted 4?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Camos are not showing up for my XCR and AK (Hero versions)

I love uncharted, especially multiplayer. I may be the only one experiencing this. But when I go to customization it shows Wht camo I pick for my guns. But when I go to a multiplayer game it doesn't show my camo. I would love to buy camos, but I can't because it won't show please help. Not able to change my camos really suck. Please help

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Naughty Dog
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why no (insert Country name) Flag Trucker hat?

I love the new dlc items but why isn't there a South African Trucker hat? As a huge fan from South Africa, I was so excited to know that my country was going to be a major part of the narrative of the game and to see 3 South African characters to play with in multiplayer is amazing. Yet no South African Trucker hat even though they play such a huge role in your game. If it doesn't get added it's not like I'm going to stop playing but it would be nice to see and helps with your continuity.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Some nations require governmental or legal approval before permitting their display in media. We’re constantly working with Sony and Playstation to expand the range of content to meet the requests of our users.

Your support is appreciated.

3. Chapter 16 gutter bug?

Toward the end after climbing out the window and going up the pipe to the roof then jumping accross to the gutter following Sam where the gutter breaks. i cannot get Nathan around the corner to pull himself up.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Single Player Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Weapon colour

The multiplayer XCR Weapon skin doesn't change for me for some reason. During launch a good week or two in multiplayer was fine, now when I change the skin in customization it DOESN'T change in game which is weird. My secondary weapons change, the short guns change EXCEPT my XCR which is the shor gun I ALWAYS use, it's really weird why it does that

Please help! :( Thanks!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. One-Time Booster Lost

Can you please make a warning on using a one-time booster when entering a late match? 30 seconds left in the game, the other team only has 50 points left to get in Command. It felt like a waste of a one-time item, very frustrating. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you Late-Join a match, there will be a message above the Player list on the right side of the screen, indicating that you are late joining. Sorry for the confusion, but hopefully this addresses your concern. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues. Thank you!

6. Does the game have it where it makes the fan run a lot

I was wondering is it normal for this game to make the system fan to run a lot. I notice the fan starts to run a little loud or normal after 10 minutes. Is it normal because this game is very very powerful. I had the system brought in and they fixed it but wondering if this game is just powerful that the fan runs a lot because there is a lot going on in the game.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Single Player Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes it does, particularly on older kits. Uncharted 4 is taxing on the Playstation system, and it is not atypical to have the fan running at maximum capacity while playing.

As this is the case, please ensure your PS4 has proper ventilation, and is not in an enclosed space.

7. Wrong disc error, can't load save files

PS4 Model: PS4-800
    Disk
    Time Since Install: Less than an hour
    System Free Space: 160GB

I rented the game from a REDBOX, played hours, then decided to buy the game from amazon.com. When I put the amazon version disc in it shows up as a seperate box to launch the game (there's two icons), and the new icon from the amazon version doesn't recognize my saves! When I try to launch the old icon I get an error: "The wrong disc is inserted". The two games have slightly different titles to them, notice the placement of the trademark symbol.

AMAZON.COM …

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Installation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This behavior is a result of using two different regional versions of the game. The original version that you played from REDBOX is the US regional disc, and the version you received from Amazon is the European version.

Unfortunately, the save data is not compatible between different regional versions of the game. In order to recover your saved data from the US version of the game, you will require a US disc or digital install.

You can attempt to purchase the US disc version from another retailer or you can also purchase the US digital version of the game from the PSN Store if you have a US PSN account. By purchasing from the US PSN Store, you will install the US version of the game, and the save data will be compatible at that point. We hope this information is helpful.

8. lost my HUD

hi guys, i'm a huge fan of your games. I've just finished playing uncharted 4. however, as i played it the second time around, i lost my head up display. This includes my weapon display, my aim when i shoot and when i kill the enemy i couldn't get his ammo anymore, and grenades. what should i do? is this normal since i finished the game? i hope it's not cause. i'm not enjoying it anymore. pls help me..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Single Player Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I get stuck in the pause menu in multiplayer

Sometimes when I'm with my party, in the middle of the match I get stuck in the pause menu. I can only scroll up or down to view my party members, this happens when I play ranked too, and I get kicked out for inactivity. It's becoming really frustrating

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

solved  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Packet Loss MP Connection Issue

Recently I've been getting kicked from multiplayer matches due to my games "experiencing too much packet loss". There's no issue with my internet connection as for the last month I've enjoyed excellent online gameplay without any connection issues. This is really frustrating as I can't complete a single match.
    Internet Connection Test results:
    NAT Type: Type 2
    Connection Speed (Download): 22.6 Mbps
    Connection Speed (Upload): 7.6 Mbps

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Could you attempt to run your connection test at the time where you are experiencing the drop?

Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

If possible, could you provide a video?

If you have a packet loss of greater than 75% you should see a white plug appear. 5 consecutive white plugs will give you the Packet Loss Message.

If you are able to open your NAT Type, NAT 1 is always the best option.

If this has only started to occur recently, are there any changes made to your network that might cause this issue?

11. Lag

Hello, I have been playing Uncharted 4 multiplayer for a while but somedays I lag for some reason and I get connection issues while playing. I can keep playing but it interrupts me sometimes. The thing that bugs me is that other players say Im lagging on purpose to "cheat" on some way and have reported me saying I was trying to lag on purpose. I am not doing that, I have proof on my account and you can search it. I just want to know what this issue is.

Connection method: LAN cable
    NAT Type: Type 1
    Connection speed…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If your upload speed is less than 1 Mbps, you are likely to experience in online play. We’d suggest you minimize other online use (streaming music etc) while playing to get the most out of your connection.

To this point we are only looking at cheaters who are clearly exploiting mechanics (getting outside the set to shoot at players), As long as nothing of that nature is occurring, you shouldn’t be concerned.

12. Controller Alt Option L1&R1

Must allow L1 & R1 controller options for aim and fire buttons. This is common sense! Why keep forcing the throw of the rope! Rope only has to be thrown once, while aiming and firing requires the constant quick and fast button use.

PS4 controller was designed so it fits the hand perfectly, buy not this inverted nonsense!
    How come Sony allowed this, the destroying the use of the joy of the beautifully designed Sony PS4 system?

You must allow this option! You made $200+ Million in the first week of release because of People like me who paid the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Single Player Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This Option is available from the Options menu.

Options > Controls > Shoulder Buttons.

There you will be able to customize the shoulder button functionality to allow L1 and R1 to aim and fire by switching to Legacy.

We hope this addresses your issue. Thank you!

13. harbinger is broken, no down points

when you get a headshot you don't get the down for it only the ko. so you get less $$ for a headshot kill which takes more skill, and your downs on the scoreboard are inaccurate. this makes the gun worthless in ranked.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback.

No down point for the Harbinger is working as design originally intended. That said, we’re planning on adding additional $ for heavy weapon KO’s in our next DLC drop.

14. Problem with Brute Sidekick Modifcation Unlock

I had previously unlocked 2 out of 4 Brute modifications on my sidekick. With a chest I purchased, some time back, I unlocked modification 3 (Highlight Targets). I had been using my Brute to unlock the final modification "Health Regeneration". All the while, my progress was stating that I had been coming closer to unlocking "Highlight Targets", which I already had through my chest purchase. Once I activated the Brute enough times to make my next modification unlock, it stated, "Highlight Targets Unlocked," and my Health Regeneration modification did not unlock. Basically, since I already had "Highlighted Targets" without actually…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your report. This is working as intended.

The health regeneration will only unlock after using the Brute 100 times, regardless of if you have unlocked the other mods through chests.

The messaging is confusing, and we’ll attempt to get it addressed in a future patch.

15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Triple Pack Account Sharing

I can't access Triple Pack content on my other accounts. It works fine on the account I brought it on (which is activated as primary and has licenced restored). Thanks for your help.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. White Plug Appears - Continually Unplugged from Multiplayer

I've been attempting since launch to play the multiplayer. Every 5-10 seconds I revieve the 'unplugged' symbol, my character pauses for 2-3 seconds before the game continues fine for another 5-10 seconds before unplugging again. This is constant. It has made it unplayable. I live in Sydney Australia. I have a great 25 mb/s connection (At least) via ethernet (no wifi). Not sure if this is just an Australian thing, but i've read of others having the same issue.

249 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

362 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The white plug is displayed when a user is experiencing lag, due to an insufficient online connection.

If you are still encountering this problem please reply to this thread with your PSN ID’s. This will aid us further in debugging the problem. Please include your download and upload speeds with your post.

Settings – Network – Test Internet Connection

This will let us know if the plug is being displayed in error.

The approximate minimum connection required is 1 megabit up. If your connection is less than or roughly at that, you will encounter the white plug.

If you are on a wireless connection, you may find you are above a base threshold, but still encounter the issue if you experience temporary interference. We recommend switching to a wired connection if possible, to improve speeds.

18. Ban psn id: throwthed

He is using the out of bounds glitch in ranked battles and needs to banned from uncharted

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiplayer suggestions (survival / co-op / classic / split screen mode)

Survival mode and co op campaign mode

This was the best thing about the uncharted online. Surviving waves of enemies with your friends not just random strangers like in multiplayer. The co-op campaign mode where you can play with your friends! In these 2 above modes you have a chance to play and talk with your friends that live across the country or that you just don't see as much because familes started . It was like talking on the phone and playing at the same time. For this I am upset about Uncharted 4. All the antisapation and then…

258 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Multiplayer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Time Remaining - Loading Bar during story mode

I just beat level 5 and then I got screen with a loading bar telling me I have to wait 55 minutes to play. Not sure what it's loading or how to bypass this

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Single Player Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is the result of the game not being fully installed. The loading bar indicates the time remaining for the title to be downloaded.

If you go to the Home menu and press options when over the Uncharted 4 Icon, it will show you “Size”. It should be around 50GB once fully installed.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base