Before submitting a ticket, please follow the steps below:
Verify the integrity of your game files.
Please follow one of the links below for a guide on how to verify the integrity of your game files.
Make sure your drivers are up to date.
Depending on your graphics card manufacturer, please use one of the links below to update your drivers.
The preferred Day One drivers are listed below:
Confirm the following:
- Ensure the PSO cache has compiled completely. The duration of this process will vary depending on the configuration of your PC. Running the game before shaders are fully built may result in poor performance.
- Be mindful of any programs running in the background that may affect VRAM.
- Make sure you are running from an internal SSD for optimal performance.
- Check that no other audio programs are running in parallel.
Some controllers are recognized as audio devices by Windows OS. Follow the steps below to make sure your audio output device is correct:
- Launch the Windows Settings application.
- Enter the System menu.
- Select Sound from the sub-menus.
- Ensure your audio output device is correct.
- For additional support for Windows OS, please reference Microsoft Support.
- If your issue is regarding a DualSense controller, please read below:
- DualSense trigger and haptic functionality requires a wired connection.
- Make sure the firmware on the DualSense controller is up to date.
- You can manually update your DualSense controller by referencing this Sony Support page.
Please read on if the issue is not resolved after taking the steps above.
- Type of issue
- Model CPU
- Model GPU
- GPU Driver ver.
- HDD or SSD
- Game settings
- Game version
- Location/Activity when issue occurred
- DXDiag report
- Save Data file
- log.txt file
How to get the log.txt, crash data, and save files:
Follow the file path C:\Users\%USER%\Saved Games\The Last of Us Part I. Here you will find your save data (inside the 'Users' folder), any screenshots you have taken unless another folder has been specified, and your log.txt file. The save files are located in a subfolder under your Steam or Epic ID.
The file path to find crash data is as follows:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Last of Us Part I\.crashdata\reports
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\TheLastOfUsPart1\.crashdata\reports
Please attach any .dmp files found here to your support request.
How to create a DxDiag.txt
Press the Windows key on your keyboard or use the Windows search function. Type dxdiag and press enter. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. From the main screen, press Save All Information to save a DxDiag.txt file. Add this file to your support request.
Once you have those files, click here to submit a ticket.
Remember to attach all the files to the ticket to help us troubleshoot as quickly as possible.